A message from our music staff:

Mr. Berger and Ms. Dudlak are glad you're here! Check back often for updates and info about our Westgate music program. Mr. Berger can be reached via email at gberger@sd25.org, and Ms. Dudlak can be reached at jdudlak@sd25.org. Follow Mr. Berger on Twitter! @WEMusic160

Friday, September 9, 2016

Week 2 Music Happenings~


Greetings! It's been a busy week here at Westgate. Thank you to all of the families who came out to Parent Night on Thursday. If you missed the PE, Music & Art presentation, or if you have questions about our programs, please feel free to contact Coach K (ekirschner@sd25.org), Mrs. Miller (bmiller@sd25.org), Miss Hennessy (ahennessy@sd25.org, or myself (gberger@sd25.org).

This week we have been singing Patriotic music in class, as well as reading rhythm and playing classroom instruments in our intermediate classes. Primary classes played a singing game called Old King Glory- practicing steady beat and singing with good tone. Kindergarten classes are working on 'name game' songs and singing a song called "I'm So Glad to Be Here".
5th graders "synergize" to play rhythms with "This Land is Your Land"

Reading rhythm and working together
On a personal note: I had the honor of singing the National Anthem at Arlington Racetrack last Friday afternoon. My wife and I auditioned in the spring and were chosen to sing, but, due to a schedule change, I had to sing the anthem by myself. It was such a great experience, and was fun to have a few Westgate families there to support me! Mrs. Dalton and Mrs. Repak were kind enough to video the performance, so I have included it below. Enjoy!


https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6XsnWjrdjrWUnZJYXBuWHBYNlE

One more thing... I am performing in "Horizons of Gold" over the next four weekends, and I would like to invite Westgate families to come and see the show! It's family friendly, with a great musical score and a message of hope, overcoming trials in life, and the power of love. Please visit www.overshadowed.org for ticket information.


Have a great weekend!
Mr. Berger ./`

No comments:

Post a Comment