Please be advised that the 5th grade concert has been rescheduled. The original date was Thursday, April 7th, and the new date is Thursday, May 5th. Please contact Mr. Berger or Mrs. Clark with questions or concerns.
Mr. Berger ./`
A message from our music staff:
Mr. Berger and Ms. Dudlak are glad you're here! Check back often for updates and info about our Westgate music program. Mr. Berger can be reached via email at email@example.com, and Ms. Dudlak can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow Mr. Berger on Twitter! @WEMusic160
Thursday, March 31, 2016
Thursday, March 10, 2016
Tuesday, March 1, 2016
- Music causes the mind to think smarter.
- Medical scans track brain activity.
- Music is one of the very few whole brain activities, engaging all four parts of the brain! All other tasks use either the left or right brain. Music exercises all of the brain.
- The more you play, the more you exercise your mind. The exercised mind thinks better, making a student smarter.
- A high percentage of band, choir, or orchestra members get good grades in school.
- Band kids aren’t smarter because they like music; band kids are smarter because they PLAYmusic.
- If an athlete would be well-suited and prepared for a physically demanding job, doesn’t it make sense that music instruction would mentally prepare a person for a mentally challenging job?